LATAM opens the largest airline lounge in South America
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Latin America’s largest airline has opened the continent’s largest airline lounge.
LATAM on Tuesday debuted its new LATAM Lounge at Terminal 2 of Santiago, Chile’s Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCL). The massive space — more than 4,000 square meters (over 43,000 square feet) — operates on 80% renewable energy.
The lounge also features sculptures made by South American artists that are mostly made from recycled materials. Among the 21 artists to be featured are Ximena Guzmán from Chile, Sofía Donován from Argentina and Percy Zorrilla from Peru.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter
The new space — open to eligible flyers traveling on international itineraries — also features luggage lockers, sleeping areas, children’s areas, showers, an open bar, a Latin American-inspired buffet service, ironing and shoe shine service and co-working areas, the airline said.
“Our decision making is always guided by our customers, and we continue to advance an experience where everyone can choose what is important for their trip,” LATAM’s VP of Customers Paulo Miranda said in a statement. “We have promoted changes and innovations in our new Lounge to create a space that highlights the best of our region and where there are options for everyone to enjoy their time as they see fit.”
LATAM’s new lounge is accessible to members of its LATAM Pass loyalty program in the Black Signature, Black and Platinum tiers, as well as those flying in a premium cabin, and certain passengers on flights with alliance partners and business partners. It’s divided into a Signature Lounge and a Premium Lounge, depending on your status and cabin flown.
Delta Air Lines passengers will undoubtedly benefit from this new lounge, as LATAM is a key partner, and Delta owns a significant stake of the airline. The carrier currently flies to Chile’s capital daily from its home hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). Delta Diamond Medallion passengers have access to the Signature Lounge, while Platinum Medallion passengers have access to the Premium Lounge.
In addition to its new lounge in Santiago, LATAM also operates lounges in Bogota, Colombia (BOG), Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE), São Paulo, Brazil (GRU), and Miami (MIA).
Featured photo courtesy of LATAM.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S. and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees