Flights to Turks and Caicos and Dominican Republic for $300
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s start this week off with a fresh deal alert for the Caribbean, with the majority of these round-trip flights less than $300 to Turks and Caicos and the Dominican Republic from select U.S. cities.
There is wide availability departing to both destinations from all three New York City airports.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: United, American, Delta and JetBlue.
Routes: Newark; Boston; Columbus, Ohio; Nashville; New York; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; and St. Louis to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. Nashville; Fort Lauderdale; Jacksonville, Florida; and New York to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: April-June for flights to Providenciales; September-February for flights to Punta Cana.
Book by: One to two days.
Props to Scott’s Cheap Flights for sending us this deal. Sign up for a Premium membership and get deals up to 90% off, which users can try for free for 14 days or $49 per year. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
This is your lucky day because this is a two-in-one deal, featuring round-trip flights mostly under $300 to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Flights included in this deal are:
- Nashville/St. Louis to Providenciales, starting at $261.
- Newark/Columbus/Pittsburgh to Providenciales, starting at $270.
- Boston to Providenciales, starting at $281.
- New York City to Providenciales, starting at $285.
- Philadelphia/Fort Lauderdale to Providenciales, starting at $288.
- Nashville to Punta Cana, starting at $291.
- Jacksonville to Punta Cana, starting at $303.
- New York City to Punta Cana, starting at $308.
To search this deal, start by browsing Google Flights, where you’ll find a nonstop flight departing from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Providenciales International Airport (PLS) for $270 round-trip the second week of May.
This particular flight is for United’s basic economy class, which does not include any luggage beyond one personal item. Therefore, you may want to consider upgrading to economy for one carry-on bag, but you’ll still have to pay $70 for checked luggage.
If you’re looking to head to the Dominican Republic, you can find a similarly priced flight also from EWR, for just over $300 in late September, flying JetBlue.
This sale fare is for JetBlue’s Blue Basic, which only allows travelers to bring one personal item that can fit under the seat in front of you and also charges $60 for your first checked bag, just $10 less than United for a similar fare type. Any full-size carry-on bag brought to the gate will incur a $65 fee (for the first two bags) to be checked.
Should you find a flight via this deal on either American or Delta, note that both of their basic economy fares include one free carry-on bag. So, depending on your desired route, it may be worth it to prioritize flying either AA or Delta to save more money overall without having to upgrade to carry on a full-sized item.
For example, New York City-based travelers could consider this flight from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to PLS for $275 round-trip, departing just a few days prior to the aforementioned flight from EWR to PLS for $270 round-trip the second week of May. By adjusting your travel dates slightly, you could save more than $50 by flying Delta instead of United in basic economy.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This deal features upcoming availability to Turks and Caicos with flights starting in the fall, and into 2023 to the Dominican Republic. Travelers who need access to overhead bin space for carry-on items should consider booking this deal through American or Delta.
Featured photo of Punta Cana by Alejandro De Moya/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S. and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees