Calling all New York City-based travelers: Fly to Antigua and Barbuda for $300 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all New York City-based travelers: This deal is for you and you only.
Act fast to book round-trip flights to the Caribbean islands of Antigua and Barbuda, departing from both John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and LaGuardia Airport (LGA) for $280 and $305, respectively. Flights out of JFK are nonstop.
This deal is expected to last less than 24 hours.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Routes: LGA/JFK to V. C. Bird International Airport (ANU).
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: April-June and August-February, excluding holidays.
Book by: Less than 24 hours.
Major shoutout to Scott’s Cheap Flights for alerting TPG to this deal. You can sign up for a Premium membership, which users can try for free for 14 days or $49 per year, and get deals up to 90% off. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
It’s the dealer’s choice when it comes to this deal since flights are available from both JFK and LaGuardia, so search this deal by entering your preferred airport on Google Flights and V. C. Bird International Airport as your final destination.
Do note that if you want to fly nonstop, you must fly from JFK.
Because this deal is limited in scope, most of the flights should resemble the following JFK-ANU flights for May 10-17, for an American Airlines basic economy fare.
To make this deal even sweeter, AA’s basic economy fare includes one free full-size carry-on, unlike the majority of comparable classes on other carriers, which is one thing AA has going for it.
For travelers who prefer the new and improved LGA, flights will, unfortunately, have one stop at Miami International Airport (MIA), ranging from 45 to 90 minutes depending on the day.
Regardless of which airport you choose to depart from, factor in paying $30 each way to check a bag if needed.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
A quick 4-4 1/2-hour flight is all it takes for New Yorkers to get to Antigua from JFK, or save gas money by departing from LGA in exchange for a quick layover.
This deal is so hot that it’s not expected to last, so book ASAP if interested.
Featured photo by Roberto Moiola/Sysaworld/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S. and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees